Golden Tree Academy is a proposed junior boarding and day school catering to the unique academic, social, and emotional needs of students in grades three through eight who are bright or gifted non-traditional learners. Our students often see and do things differently than others, often making traditional school placements difficult for the child. At Golden Tree Academy, children with Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, OCD, or other factors that may not allow for success in traditional learning environments can thrive, and enjoy school once again.
Our students are detail oriented, outside-the-box thinkers, generally showing a proclivity towards the academic areas of math and science and recreational activities that involve strategy and logic — the type of students who grow up to be scientists, mathematicians, inventors, entrepreneurs, researchers, professors, engineers, and doctors.
We aim to provide:
- A conducive learning environment for our unique students
- An academically enriched and challenging pre-college preparatory curriculum
- Classes that have greater depth of learning than typical classes found in public and private schools, especially in the areas of math and science
- Individual attention and personalized programs in small classes
- Developmentally appropriate and flexible scheduling
- Integrated social and emotional skills development
- Electives geared toward the interests of our unique student population
- Day, 5-day boarding, and 7-day boarding options
Golden Tree Academy, a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization, is in the development stage. Start-up funds of approximately $1 million to $5 million, depending on school location and size, are required. We are slowly working towards this goal but need your help. We are seeking both large and small donations from people who would like to join our cause in developing the finest school for our bright and gifted non-traditional students. Please see our Support & Giving page for more information.